Benefits of eating mangoes
Ripe mango or raw mango which is more favorite? It is hard to find people who do not like this delicious fruit. Many like to eat raw or ripe mango chutney, whole mango, mango juice – in various ways. However, some people think that eating mangoes can lead to weight gain, overheating or sweating, sleepiness, etc. Many people stay away from mangoes because of this fear. Is it really so? What does dietetics say about this? Let’s know various facts about mango, the king of fruits-
Raw mango or ripe mango?
Both raw and ripe mangoes are beneficial for our health. If consumed in moderation, mangoes whether raw or ripe do not have any negative effect on our body. A healthy normal person can eat 3/4 cup of ripe mangoes per day and eating one raw mango provides about 50% of the daily requirement of vitamin C. But it is better to eat raw mango with peel. Now let’s know about the nutritional value of mango-
Aids in digestion
Mango is a prebiotic fruit, which is beneficial for various gut bacteria in our stomach. 3/4 cup of mango contains about 7% of dietary fiber. Which helps to keep digestion normal.
Aids in sleep
Mangoes contain tryptophan, melatonin, and magnesium that help us fall asleep faster. Relieves insomnia.
Mangoes contain more than 20 vitamins and minerals and antioxidants, making them known as superfoods. Studies have shown that the antioxidants in mangoes reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer. Other studies have also shown that mangoes have anti-prostate cancer, leukemia and other anti-cancer properties.
To increase eyesight
Mango is a good source of beta carotene, alpha carotene and vitamin A. 3/4 cup of mango contains about 8% of the daily requirement of vitamin A. These ingredients help our body to have good eyesight along with acting as antioxidants.
Skin and hair care.Mango is one of the best sources of Vitamin A, C and E which helps in maintaining healthy skin and hair.
To lose weight
The bioactive and phytochemical components present in mango play a major role in the growth and development of fat cells and fat-related genes in the body. So it does not gain weight or fat very easily. Due to which the weight loss process becomes easier.
Reduce the risk of heart disease
Mangoes contain high amount of potassium and fiber which helps to control the body’s glucose, cholesterol, weight control as well as ideal blood pressure and ensures overall good heart health. Mango also has many other benefits. For example-
* Mangoes play a role in the health of the nervous system.
* Eating mango gives good sleep.
* The folate and iron present in mango helps in the formation of blood cells in the body and helps in reducing the risk of anemia.
* Glutamic acid in mango helps improve memory.
* Helps in controlling cholesterol.
* Helps in formation of healthy epithelium.
* As mango is rich in vitamin C, it helps in curing scurvy and other mouth sores and ensures healthy skin, bones and teeth.
Some precautions in eating mangoes
* Mango should be washed well and eaten in a clean container.
* Extra salt and pepper should not be mixed with mango while eating. It will lose nutrients.
* Water should not be consumed immediately after eating mango.
* Eating too much mango can cause digestive problems.
Source: Dhaka Post
#10 Health Benefits of Mango #mango